MOLD LEAD ASBESTOS
Meeting Your Needs for Asbestos Abatement
Industry standard best practices are designed to ensure that all work done on Asbestos Abatement Projects is done to the highest level of safety and risk management. Containment of the generated airborne and waste water fibers and debris is critical to proper compliance and worker safety. If these fibers are not captured and contained, they can be very harmful for the environment, on-site workers and the occupants of neighboring areas.
Exactly how you approach your containment and capture solutions will depend on the individual site’s risk assessment report. If you need help identifying solutions to the issues raised in the report, feel free to contact our customer service department and we can review your options together. In most cases, however, there are four considerations that will be relevant:
- Meeting Containment and Air Change Requirements
- Monitoring of Containment Pressure
- Discharge of Contaminated Water
Containment and Air Change Requirements
Negative pressure containment is a requirement for capturing airborne asbestos fibers that are inevitably a part of asbestos abatement. Ensuring your contained area has the required air changes (ACH) and that the air is adequately scrubbed prior to discharge is where you will find the OmniAire line of HEPA Air Filtration Machines a competitive advantage.
With standard airflows ranging from 50 to 18000 CFM, OmniAire Air Filtration Machines can provide the necessary ACH for any size project. To calculate which of our machines will best suit your needs, try our Air Flow Calculator in both SAE and Metric.
Following industry best practices by maintaining adequate pressure containment, air changes, and HEPA efficiency is important to the quality of your overall project.
- Creates a safe environment – negative containment with adequate clean air changes
- Reduces potential liability – prevents spreading of contaminants
- Protects your workers – improved job performance
The OmniAire Advantage
- Flexible Placement – Our OmniAire HEPA Negative Air Machines can be located either inside or outside the containment area, which allows you to exhaust the HEPA purified air either into or out of the specified area.
- Variable CFM Control – OmniAire machines are available with airflows ranging from 50 to 18000 cfm and many of our models offer a variable speed control to allow for an infinite array of airflow settings.
- Economical HEPA Filters – Our HEPA filters are designed to provide an exceptional service life before replacements are needed. With a standard 12” deep 99.97%, 0.3 micron HEPA filter, and an optional 99.99%, 0.3 micron (individually tested and certified) HEPA filter, we can meet your HEPA air filtration needs.
- Operating Safety Standards – OmniAire Air Filtration Machines meets the UL, CSA and OSHA safety standards required on governmental projects, in healthcare facilities and on job sites where employee safety is of concern. In addition, a number of our models meet CE/IEC regulations and requirements for export.
- Built for Durability and Reliability – All of our OmniAire machines are built to perform in tough construction environments. They are designed to be easy to maintain and to meet the DOP efficiency testing needs of your project.
For assistance in choosing the correct OmniAire HEPA negative air machine for your asbestos abatement project use our handy Airflow Calculator.
Monitoring Containment Area Pressure
When using negative pressure containment, it is important to monitor the pressure inside the containment in reference to the outside area. However, because the typical negative pressure required can be as low as 0.020”WC, it can be difficult to find equipment sensitive enough to measure and monitor your containment area.
Omnitec Design has a monitor to meet this need. The self-contained Omniguard 5 Pressure Recorder is designed to provide an accurate monitoring and alarming functions while still being easy to setup with a simple push-button calibration.
Contaminated Water Filtration
The water from showers at Asbestos Abatement sites is often contaminated with asbestos fibers from washing protective gear and equipment and must be filtered prior to discharge into a general drain.
The OmniFlow Water Filtration System is a compact, portable system with a 3 GPM capacity and reliable, self priming pump. The unit has as standard 20 and 5 micron filters for removal of asbestos and other particulate contaminates. Other specialized filters are available required.
Support for Restoration and Abatement Uses
Achieving the best results with our equipment in specific industries often includes understanding the features of our machines and/or the accessories that will best assist you in your job. Here we provide a few observations and elaborations that may help you in your research.
Air Scrubbers & Negative Air Machines for Mold, Asbestos & Lead Abatement
OmniAire HEPA Air Filtration Systems are used as air scrubbers and negative air machines on all types of abatement projects. They have a reputation for quality construction, reliable service and are often used on projects where DOP efficiency or equivalent tests are required before the equipment is used.
OmniAire HEPA negative air machines are sold throughout the USA and Canada and are exported worldwide. To assure our product electrical safety, machines are tested by TUV Laboratories to comply with UL and CSA/IEC safety requirements.
- Variable Speed Control – infinite air flow adjustments for greater versatility
- Great Portability – large, non marking casters, compact size, light weight
- True HEPA Filters – 99.97% and 99.99% @ 0.3 micron efficiency, wood or metal frame
- Economical to Operate – uses standard size HEPA filters, 12” deep
- Quality Metal Cabinets – smooth surface for easy cleaning, easy maintenance
- Safe to Operate – tested to comply with UL and CSA electrical standards and OSHA
- UV Germicidal Light Modules – control of bio-contamination and odors.
- PEROx Air Purifier Add-On Module – Destroys mold, VOCs, decay odors and bio-contaminants
- Odorguard 600 Carbon Filters – controls VOC’s and odors; sizes from 2” to 12” deep
- Intake Manifolds – provides for connection of flex hose to the suction side of the machine
As mold abatement projects vary in size, accessibility and types of contaminants, the size of the equipment has to be considered. OmniAire HEPA negative air machines come in many sizes and configurations. To accommodate the variations of the required air flow, our variable speed controller is standard on most of our equipment.